DGALA, the Dartmouth Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Alumni/ae Association, is currently seeking nominations and applications for new members for our Board of Directors. This is an exciting opportunity to stay connected to life at Dartmouth and to be deeply involved in all of DGALA’s activities, including:
– Planning and vision-setting for the organization
– Providing leadership for and participating in one or more Board projects or initiatives
– Working with the College administration on policies that affect LGBTQA alumni/ae and students
– Organizing educational, social, and professional events around the country
– Mentoring young alumni/ae and current students
– Managing DGALA’s communications with its members and others, including via web properties, social media, and email
– Sponsoring important on-campus events such as annual Pride programming, all-class reunions, and mini-reunions
The DGALA Board of Directors is extremely active and members are required to commit to a minimum level of engagement during the entirety of their terms. Minimum engagement levels are defined as:
– Participating in at least 75% of Board conference calls (usually held once a month on Saturdays)
– Playing an active leadership/co-leadership role in at least one DGALA project or initiative
– Making a financial contribution at a level that is comfortable for your budget
Prospective Board members should be aware that DGALA is a not-for-profit corporation separate and apart from the College, and that the Director role includes fiduciary responsibilities to the corporation.
Applications, nominations and questions should be emailed to DGALA at DartGala@gmail.com. To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your interest in serving on the DGALA Board on or before December 8, 2014. In outlining your interest in serving on the DGALA Board, please discuss the following:
– Specific DGALA initiatives that are of interest to you, and why
– Other Dartmouth alumni leadership, Non-Profit or Board experience
– How you plan to align your commitment to DGALA as a director with your schedule
– Anything special about your candidacy that we should consider
The Dartmouth Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Alumni/ae Association (DGALA) strives to foster community between and among the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Allied (GLBTQA) alumni/ae of the College by furthering the intellectual, social, cultural and educational well-being of GLBTQA alumni/ae and students and providing the College and the greater College community with active support in matters of mutual concern.
DGALA also aims to enhance the experience of GLBTQA persons at Dartmouth and support the College’s commitment to diversity by fostering communications between and among GLBTQA alumni/ae and students, faculty, staff, administrators, the other affiliated groups and the College community as a whole.
To learn more about DGALA, visit dgala.com